Sunday 6 August 2017

Pitch Wars 2017: #PimpMyBio

Pitch Wars 2017

The annual Pitch Wars contest has begun, and I'm entering it for the very first time. This is a contest run by the inestimable Brenda Drake, and if you want to know more about it, full details can be found at the official website here.

Contestants have until 10pm tonight (New York time) to submit their query and first chapter of their completed manuscript, and mentors will choose an entry each to help improve the manuscript for the agent showcase in November. Mentees will be announced on 24th August.

In the meantime, there's a lot of fun happening over on Twitter. Relevant hashtags are #PitchWars #PWTeaser #PWTeasers and #PimpMyBio.

#PimpMyBio

#PimpMyBio is a chance for mentees to get to know each other better (and for mentors to do some stalking of their own, lol) in a Contestant Blog Hop organised by Lana Pattinson. So, here's a little bit about me and my novel to whet your appetite.

About me:

The joy of a good library crawl is in my blood, and my personal best is seven libraries in one day. I aspire to see my own books on library shelves and in shops one day, which I hope will match the buzz I've had when seeing my plays performed by my local drama group. Currently, I let my imagination soar on my walk to work, where I temp as an administrator at a university.

About my novel:

And here's a short pitch about my 89,000-word YA Fantasy novel, WHERE THE WILD WIND BLOWS, which is a gender-flipped PIED PIPER OF HAMELIN reimagining, told from the POVs of Seri and two teenagers affected by the magical panpipes:

When sixteen-year-old Seri plays the right notes on her magical panpipes, rats will dance to her tune and follow her anywhere.

But if she wants an Underworld priest to resurrect her dead sister, Seri must lure not vermin, but children, to satisfy his monstrous terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment