Saturday 28 April 2012

Quest to read 100 YA books (Part 1)

My Andrew Lang 'Fairy' book collection
Read.  Read.  Read.

I've always loved reading.  When I was at junior school, my dad brought home some Famous Five books that a work colleague's children no longer wanted, and I devoured them (new books were a rarity in our household unless it was for a birthday or Christmas present).  I also went to the library regularly, and I remember being enthralled with Andrew Lang's 'Fairy' books (so much so that, many years later, I tracked 'em down and added these books to my collection).

When I started getting serious about writing for young adults, I thought I'd better familiarise myself with the YA scene (and, y'know, YA fiction is fun!).  Besides, reading totally counts as research, doesn't it?

So, in no particular order, here are the YA (or not so YA) books I've read in the last year or so.  I'm trying to hit 100 (but I don't think I'm quite there yet).  Here are the first 25:-

1) Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
2) Entangled by Cat Clarke
3) Torn by Cat Clarke
4) Angel by L A Weatherly
5) Angel Fire by L A Weatherly
6) He's After Me by Chris Higgins
7) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
8) Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
9) New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
10) Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
11) The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
12) The Host by Stephenie Meyer
13) The Ghosts by Antonia Barber
14) Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
15) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
16) Mistwood by Leah Cypess
17) A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly
18) Girl in the Attic by Valerie Mendes
19) Darkhenge by Catherine Fisher
20) The Lady in the Tower by Marie-Louise Jensen
21) Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie
22) Sister, Missing by Sophie McKenzie
23) The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
24) Bad Alice by Jean Ure
25) Shadow of the Wolf by Andrew Matthews

Quest: To Be Continued...

What books are you reading?  Have you read any of the books mentioned in the list?  Which was your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment