Wednesday 18 April 2012

It's a sign, I tell you

My PVR can be temperamental at times.  I don't know whether it's the particular model or the transmission signals, but I experience glitches on certain channels. BBC channels seem to be fine, but others have little blips where fractions of seconds (or longer) get skipped.  It also depends how full the HDD is at the time, as well.

Anyway, I was watching The Reader the other day.  I'd watched it before, but the glitches and blips from my previous recording meant I wasn't able to follow the story as completely as I would have liked (I know, I know - I should just invest in a new PVR, lol), so I figured I'd give it another try.  I'm glad I did as there was one particular scene I missed before.

Ralph Fiennes has just stepped out onto his balcony after being told Kate Winslet (in her Oscar-winning performance) would be released from prison.  Here's a pic for you:-

Ralph Fiennes in The Reader

Now, I expect you're wondering what the significance is, aren't you?  Would it make things clearer if I explained I named my main male character in my manuscript after Ralph (he pronounces it 'Rafe', which is how I spell my character's name)?  And would it make it clearer if I told you that my Rafe is part of a nomadic group of people that go by the name of 'Roamers'?

It's a sign, I tell you - a (literal) sign!

Have there been any moments when you've been given a sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment