Saturday 25 January 2014

Seeking more shelf space

What's a girl to do? Too many books to read, not enough shelf space to store them.

Downend Library
Thankfully, LibrariesWest (a public library consortia involving five local authorities in partnership) solved the problem for me and I have access to their many hundreds of bookshelves - and their many thousands of books! Last year I borrowed seventy-five books from thirteen different libraries and I've borrowed seven books from three different libraries so far this year. I'm not sure whether I'll beat last year's total of 105 books read, but I'll give it a shot. (My personal TBR pile at home is reaching headbutt heights, so I won't be running out of reading material any time soon.)

Hillfields Library
I'd also like to add some new libraries to my 'collection'. Hillfields Library was one such last year. When I checked the availability of a book I wanted to borrow, I discovered Hillfields Library stocked it so I paid them a special visit. The librarians there were lovely and were very pleased to see me (I think most people are surprised to find Hillfields even has a library!).

Incidentally, National Libraries Day is taking place on Saturday 8th February and a visit to my local library on that day beckons...

What about you? Do you need more shelf space? Have you joined your local library?



No comments:

Post a Comment